The stream is reserved for the use of fly fishing members for a seasonal fee. Stream fishing is open every day from the opening of the Delaware County, Pennsylvania trout fishing season to December 31st.
UPDATE: As of 04/07/2020, fishing season in Pennsylvania is now OPEN.
In order to fish in the stream, members and guests need both a Pennsylvania fishing license and a Newlin Grist Mill fly fishing membership. E-mail us at email@example.com to request that membership information be mailed to you.
Rules for 2020 Stream Fishing
1. Fishing privileges in the stream are limited to a list of approved membership numbering no more than 100.
a. Individual memberships are available for $85.
b. Family memberships are available for $105.
A family includes all adults and children under age 21 who reside in the same household.
c. Privileges may be withdrawn for failure to obey rules.
d. Day privileges for guests may be purchased by members ($25.00/day).
2. The stream is open from dawn until dusk daily, from Pennsylvania opening day through December 31st
3. Each member must conform to all applicable fishing laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
4. During office hours all stream members must sign in at the park office front desk before fishing in the stream. If you arrive before the office is open, please sign in and out before leaving the park.
5. Only fly fishing tackle and barbless or de-barbed flies and streamers may be used in the stream.
6. Fish should be released; however, fish may be kept and paid for by the inch ($3.00/inch). Membership does not extend the right to kill fish without payment. We expect all injured fish to be kept and either purchased or turned into the office.
7. Please do not disturb plant and animal life. Shrubs, trees, and flowers along the banks are not to be cut or broken.
8. All qualified stream members must wear badges. Please report anyone fishing without a 2020 badge or fishing with other than approved lures.
9. Members may fish in our fee fishing ponds without admission charge; all trout caught must be kept and paid for. Cleaning facilities are provided near the office, next to the middle trout pond. No fish are to be cleaned at streamside.
10. Please take all possible care not to interfere with others fishing, moving on to other locations if pools are occupied.
11. Please notify the Stream Fishing Coordinator of any fallen trees, eroded sites, or other observed access issues as soon as possible.
*Note: The fishing ponds are closed, controlled waters and fall under state law with special privileges, such as no license, no limit and no season. The stream, although protected water and privately stocked, is subject to all state regulations regarding public fishing. For this reason, it is necessary to keep the two operations completely separate.